How do I use the vendor referral system?

View notices from the admin and get help using the forum

How do I use the vendor referral system?

Postby admin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 am

If you want to find out who used a particular vendor there are 3 ways to go about it.
  1. If your already in the stlwed main directory of vendors where it lists the vendor links on the left and opens the vendor website on the right, you'll notice a little link above the vendor's website for reviews. If you click that link it will open that vendor's reviews.
  2. If you're already in the forum and perhaps don't remember all of the vendor's name you can click on "Referrals" at the top right of the screen and it will take you to a search page. You can enter part or all of the vendor's name and then click the search button to see the results.
  3. If you don't find the information you were looking for in the main vendor referral search, there's a link to an expanded search on that page. The expanded search will also search through the "other" text where brides hand wrote the name of their vendor (if the vendor wasn't available in the main directory).

The vendor referral page is only as useful as you make it. You need to enter in your data and keep it up to date to help your fellow brides. How do you update your data?
  1. Open your bio (find one of your posts and click on your username, or click on the memberlist link on the top right and search for your name).
  2. Once your bio is open you'll notice at the top there's a link to "view referrals". Click that link. Now in each category listed for your referrals (as long as you're logged in) you should see a link that says edit.
  3. Click the edit link, and update your info, then click submit.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I use the vendor referral system?

Postby izzy22 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 am

Stupid question....

I have vendors booked and I added them on my list. Should I wait until after my wedding to rate them? Is there anyway to add a note about the experience I am having with each vendor?

thanks!
izzy22
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby admin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 am

izzy22 wrote:Stupid question....

I have vendors booked and I added them on my list. Should I wait until after my wedding to rate them? Is there anyway to add a note about the experience I am having with each vendor?

thanks!
You can rate them as you go and update your reviews along the way, or wait till your wedding is over to add reviews - that's up to you. When a bride reads you're review she will see your wedding date, and know if it's final yet. If a non bride reads the review it won't show the date, but it will show the season and year, so it's still a rough indicator.

There's no place for notes... and it's probably not a good idea to include notes if you had the chance. If you have something really bad to say about a vendor depending on how you say it, you could end up with a lawsuit for damages to their reputation. The simple opinion rating (without embellishments) is less likely to cause you trouble ;)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby redroses » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:43 pm

admin wrote:
izzy22 wrote:If you have something really bad to say about a vendor depending on how you say it, you could end up with a lawsuit for damages to their reputation. The simple opinion rating (without embellishments) is less likely to cause you trouble ;)

So, would this be a possibility for any post or vendor review post, etc.?
-Lisa

[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

[url=https://lilypie.com]Image
redroses
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby admin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 pm

redroses wrote:So, would this be a possibility for any post or vendor review post, etc.?
I am not a lawyer and can not give legal advice... I was just reminding people that in extreme situations there can be legal repercussions. If you're going to leave a bad review it helps to keep things factual without emotional embellishments. For more info on this topic, I suggest you consult with a lawyer.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LMC2008 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Hey Liz,
I just went into the referrals section and tried to add in new vendors. For example, our tuxes are from Mens Warehouse which is not on the list. SO, I chose other and tried to fill in the box underneath. It would not let me type anything into the box. Is anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong? Thanks :D

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby admin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 am

It's working fine for me, but what web browser are you using? That box is only available when you have selected other from the list, and javascript is used to enable or disable that box. If you have javascript disabled, or have a different version of javascript running in your browser that could be the source of your trouble.

There is a work around if your version of javascript isn't working with the form... if you select other and save it, then reselect the tuxedo category, the second box should start out active because it was saved with "other". Let me know if that helps and again as soon as I know what web browser you're using I can get to work on a fix. If anyone else has a problem with this, please let me know.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:47 pm

FYI - upon further testing I discovered that while things were working great in internet explorer, the firefox web browser had a quirk that prevented you from entering additional data if you chose "other" from the list of available vendors. It should be fixed now in firefox. If anyone notices this bug again, please let me know what web browser you're using so I can test/fix the problem.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LizAnn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

When I try to access vendor referrals it tells me I don't have permission. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby MissW2BMrsA » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:55 pm

LizAnn wrote:When I try to access vendor referrals it tells me I don't have permission. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

You have to have a certain number of posts before you gain access to different areas of the board
Mary & Lou 7-18-09
Elizabeth Kate 6-29-13
William Louis 3-24-16
MissW2BMrsA
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Summer 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Forum Instructions and Announcements