As requested... new smilies

View notices from the admin and get help using the forum

As requested... new smilies

Postby admin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 am

iheartben wrote:How about some more smilies?
Thanks!

The new smilies are here... :yahoo:

It took a while to sort through all the new ones, and map old smilies to new smilies, but I'm finally done. If you see a smilie on the 'View more smilies' page that you expect to use again and again, let me know. We might just upgrade another smilie or two to the main page for easier access. Also there are currently too many smilies on the 'View more smilies' page. It can take a long time to download them all and can cause display problems... some of those smilies will need to retire, so let me know which ones you don't plan to use either.

Enjoy! :hi:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: As requested... new smilies

Postby admin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 am

FYI - the new smilies are larger files, and take more processor time to display. I'm finding that displaying multiple smilies on a page (such as the posting page, or a view more smilies page) is causing trouble in internet explorer, but not firefox. If you notice areas of your screen flashing while you are trying to post or view a smilie page, PM me (so I know how bad the problem is) and you might also want to try out firefox (an awesome free web browser) for the day: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

HTH!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: As requested... new smilies

Postby admin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:06 am

OK - I think I figured it out... I had a ton of internet explorer windows open at the same time and IE was crashing... it doesn't look like the smilies cause trouble with IE in a "normal working" enviornment ;)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Forum Instructions and Announcements