Live Chat is here

View notices from the admin and get help using the forum

Live Chat is here

Postby admin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:44 pm

As promised, the forum upgrades were far from complete... here's another BIG one. There's a link at the top of the page to a "Live Chat" where you can post and have real time conversations.

When you open the live chat page at the top you'll see a list of most recent posts - this will update periodically, so you'll know whenever other's post on the forum. Just below that you'll see a list of who's viewing the chat page (and is available to chat with) and below that you'll see a place where you can type a message and submit. Your message will be displayed within seconds for other to read and respond to.

NOTE the chat is not for use to discuss anything worthwhile, it's more for an "I'm bored entertain me" type of communication. For example this is not the place to post wedding related questions that may benefit others. Why? Simple those posts are VERY temporary and will disappear within 25 chat posts, so as soon as they expire, no one else can benefit from their information - not to mention the fact that chat's aren't searchable. Basically the chat is where you sit around chatting out of boredom. You'll get updates on the chat page when new posts are added to the forum, so it's not a substitute for the forum, merely a place for you to communicate in real-time about things you won't care about 5 minutes later ;)

ENJOY!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Live Chat is here

Postby Carrie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm

That's awesome! You're the best, Liz!!!
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby Frenchie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:44 pm

No freaking way
:laughing: :yahoo: :good: :clapping:

That is way cool Liz

You are spoiling us!!!

Thank you Liz!
Job wuz liek "Oh noes! Wut if cookies were sin? Gota prey, just in cased."

http://stlfrenchie.blogspot.com/
Frenchie
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby admin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:52 pm

LOL - I figured people would start to like the new forum. Change is always met with opposition, but in this case, it really is a big improvement (if you're willing to give it a try) ;)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TeresaJ » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:41 pm

OMG, with me about to get my own office, this is dangerous!!!

But still a very cool feature!
TeresaJ
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Fall 2005

Postby admin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:00 am

FYI - depending on how the server copes with the traffic, we may have to disable the chat during certain peak hours. We'll have to play it by ear, so don't panic if the chat is closed randomly.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Forum Instructions and Announcements