View notices from the admin and get help using the forum

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with their avatar? I accidentally deleted mine awhile back and when I tried to repost one today it will not load- it says the URL is invalid. I played around for awhile with it but I can't seem to get to work.
Can someone help the computer illiterate? :fie: :beg:

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: Avatar Help

Postby Linoleum » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:21 pm

can you post the url here? I wonder if it is the URL or something else
Linoleum
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby admin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:56 am

Are you trying to upload a photo, or do you already have a photo online that you're trying to link to URL?

If the photo is already online on a public photo sharing site, you can right click on the image and view it's properties to get the URL of the image. Copy the URL and enter that into your profile where it says "Link off-site". Note not all photo sharing sites will work... for example shutterfly is incompatible with avatars because they don't provide a link directly to the image file. A valid image URL must end in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png.

If the photo is not yet online it may be easier to make the image really small on your computer first, and then upload that photo directly to stlwed as your avatar.

Avatars must be between 20 and 155 pixels wide and between 20 and 155 pixels tall. The total file size should be 32KB or less. Any photo editing software on your computer should allow you to reduce the size of your image. If you're on a windows machine try going to your start menu and choose Accessories -> Paint. Now open the image and from the menu at the top choose Image -> Stretch and Skew. Then for both the horizontal and vertical size try entering 50. That will reduce the image to 50% of the original size. Then save the file with a new name (so you don't over-write the original file). You can right click on the newly saved file and view it's properties to see the pixel size of the new image. If the new image is still greater then 155x155 pixels, reduce it again. You should be able to get an avatar image that will work if you reduce it enough.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:38 am

Thanks Liz you're the best!!!!
:clapping: :good: :yahoo: :notworthy:

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Forum Instructions and Announcements