New Kitchen color ideas

If you're moving, reparing, or redecorating here's the place to discuss all things home related

New Kitchen color ideas

Postby MrsChad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:12 pm

This will be my new kitchen when we close on May 22nd. I don't love much of anything going on, but for the time being I need to keep the cabinets, counter tops and flooring mainly as is. I'm planning to change all of the hardware to a brushed nickle. I also want to change the faucet and light out for something along these lines.

I'm considering a very pale turquoise/seaglass green color for the walls, white crown molding, and white curtains. I also think a darker version of the wall color on the island, but I have not convinced DH of painting cabinets, yet. Do you think a turquoise would clash with the cabinet color? I'm hoping to have the entire house painted the week of the 22nd so we aren't painting after moving in.

Not to much yellow in the cabinets to go with a turquoise color?
Last edited by MrsChad on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mindy
ImageImage
ImageImage
MrsChad
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Re: New Kitchen color ideas

Postby mrs.shea » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:19 pm

I think that would look great. Nice sized kitchen!!
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Re: New Kitchen color ideas

Postby MrsChad » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:58 pm

mrs.shea wrote:I think that would look great. Nice sized kitchen!!

It is an awesome kitchen, and really just an amazing house! We compromised on the yard and went for in town over another house in the country we were deciding between. This one just felt like we would be so lucky to get to live in. I can't wait to be a homeowner, again!
Mindy
ImageImage
ImageImage
MrsChad
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Home is Where the Heart Is