New Recipe Box

Share your favorite recipes here

New Recipe Box

Postby admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 am

It was brought to my attention, that recipes were rarely posted on this forum because it's not organized for quick reference. I have added a "Recipe Box" subforum where you can post your favorite recipes to share :good: I am also defining recommended keywords such as LowCarb or KidFriendly that people are encouraged to add to the bottom of each recipe. This will help people use the existing forum search tool along with keywords and favorite ingredients to quickly find what they need. If you have special dietary needs you would like to see added to the keyword list feel free to contact me. Posting recipes in the forum will also allow people to post photos and reply with recommended alterations or complimentary dishes. It will become a live cookbook that evolves as the tastes of the stlwed community evolve.

Recommended Keywords to add as appropriate to the bottom of each recipe.
The case used for keywords isn't important, but the missing spaces to combine multiple words into one keyword is required for fast/easy search abillity. (three letter words like "low" aren't valid for the search tool, so these keywords should help)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Recipe Box

Postby LMC2008 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 pm

This is awesome! Can we also have a crockpot category? Thanks!

ETA: Nevermind...I'll just put them into the "dinner" category!

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 pm

We could add one if we end up with enough down the road... but by using the recommended "SlowCooker" keyword at the bottom of any such recipe, we already have the ability to quickly list the crockpot recipes. A quick search using the keyword "SlowCooker" will find and display just the crock pot recipes in whichever category you specify (entire recipe box and subforums, dinner only forum etc).
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ame » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:30 pm

:good:
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Postby LeMoNBaBy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Great idea! I'm in desperate need of some new ideas!
LeMoNBaBy
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby Pamela41208 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 pm

How awesome is this...??!!? :yahoo:

THANKS, LIZ!!
I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt. It says, "I want to be formal but I'm here to party."

Eleanor Elizabeth * September 29, 2010
end photos by Cheryl M Photography - center photo by me
Pamela41208
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby cardinalkite » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Pamela41208 wrote:How awesome is this...??!!? :yahoo:

THANKS, LIZ!!

Ditto! This is great! More reasons to love this forum!
Danny: [after a boy goes missing at Yankee Stadium] This would've never happened at Shea.
Vivian: It's so sad how bitter Mets fans are.

-Without a Trace

http://www.leftturnyieldongreen.blogspot.com
cardinalkite
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2006

Postby admin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks everyone - I'm glad to hear you like the new format! The What's Cooking board was always supposed to be a recipe blog type place, but I just didn't realize the lack of organization was holding it back. There are so many good recipes already in the What's Cooking board and on other boards across the entire forum, and I'm trying to copy or move them where they belong. It may take me a while to find and reorganize them, but hopefully people find the organization useful :good:

To speed the organization and make sure your recipe doesn't get missed, if you know that you've posted any recipes on the forum please PM me to let me know. Simply use the search tool to find them (as you probably can remember an ingredient or title to enter into the search) and then send me a PM with a link to the original post containing the recipe. Also if you've posted a recipe on a private board (such as Growing Families), you'll need to PM me anyway to give me permission to display the once private content here on the public recipe box board.

Thanks for all of your help and a BIG THANK YOU to those who've been posting new recipes in the recipe box :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:
Some of these look amazing and I can't wait to start trying them out :)

I'd also like to thank everyone for using the suggested keywords! :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:
Just look at the results we've already got for easy searches like:
SlowCooker Search Results or QuickEasy Search Results

As always this community is what you make of it... and I must say the contributions of the members here have made this place AWESOME!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to What's Cooking