Dinner Ideas Week of March 31st

Share your favorite recipes here

Dinner Ideas Week of March 31st

Postby mrs.shea » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 am

Saturday - Tortilla Crusted Tilapia, Calabasitas with zucchini, corn, green chiles and lime (FYI - for those looking for tortillas without preservatives...TJ's corn tortillas have no preservatives)

Sunday - BBQ Chicken Tenders, sweet coleslaw (1 bag coleslaw mix, 1 small can mandarin oranges-drained, 1 small can pineapple tidbits-drained, Hendrickson's sweet Italian dressing...as much as you like. I had to use Zia's dressing this time because I couldn't get the sweet Hendrickson's. It was good but not as good as with the Hendrickson's), potato wedges

Monday - Chipotle and Black Bean Shrimp Quesadillas

Tuesday - Indian Spiced Sweet Potato Kielbasa Skillet. Going out on a limb with this one...we'll see if DH eats it. I have a feeling he'll at least try it since it has sausage in it. He doesn't care for sweet potatoes or cooked fruit. I am going to do half white potatoes/half sweet potatoes.

Wednesday - Chipotle-Orange Broccoli & Tofu
Thursday - Chinese Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Friday - Crockpot Whole Roasted Chicken, stuffing, green beans
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Re: Dinner Ideas Week of March 31st

Postby jennelled » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 am

Monday: Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
Tuesday: Orange Beef Stew
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Steamed Vegetables
Thursday: Crock Pot Lamb Curry, Couscous, Steamed Vegetables
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Guacamole Grilled Cheese, Sweet Potato Fries
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby Suzn18 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Sara, how are you still cooking every night such awesome stuff? I barely make 1 or 2 things during the week being prego with a toddler and exhausted. You're a rockstar!
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby mrs.shea » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:06 am

Suzn18 wrote:Sara, how are you still cooking every night such awesome stuff? I barely make 1 or 2 things during the week being prego with a toddler and exhausted. You're a rockstar!

It's my saving grace...lol! I love to cook and would be really sad if that was taken away from me (and oh help me if I have to eat what my husband could cook...or have to direct him how to cook every night)! I usually plan quick meals and anything that is more time intensive/labor intensive is planned for Sat/Sun night.

I have to be really careful about my activity though. DH is picking Kelan up in the afternoons now to save me the extra trip and wrangling him when I get home...so pretty much in the evenings I cook and put Kelan to bed but DH does the rest (clean up, bath time, etc). I'm very lucky! Work has been REALLY slow the past 2 weeks so I'm leaving work before 2 or 3 pm every day...yesterday I even got a nap in when I got home. (I don't like that though...sucking up my time off for low census is not what I want to be doing!) I think it also helps that Kelan is a little older and not so demanding on my time/energy!
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Postby tiffanyandtoddmay3108 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 am

Suzn18 wrote:Sara, how are you still cooking every night such awesome stuff? I barely make 1 or 2 things during the week being prego with a toddler and exhausted. You're a rockstar!

I was going to say the same thing... you rock!!

tiffanyandtoddmay3108
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby mrs.shea » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 am

BTW - I ended up making this last night. I was REALLY good! I loved it! DH liked it...picked out the apples (although he did try a piece) and only ate white potatoes (couldn't even get him to try a piece of the sweet potatoes...still baffles me he won't even try sweet potatoes!). Kelan liked it about as good as he's liking anything the past few days!
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Postby Suzn18 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:46 am

I had this Brushetta Chicken recipe last night with roasted asparagus. It was delicious! Highly recommend!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-d ... pe=2195959
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby LMC2008 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 pm

I made this french onion soup over the weekend in the crock pot and it was AMAZING!!!!

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby DaisysMom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 pm

http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/17 ... cken-bake/

I made this on Sunday and it was so easy and delicious. My husband finished it in 2 meals. :) And has requested it again, I think I am going to make it tomorrow again. I made something else for myself because I didn't think I would like it because I don't really like parmesan chicken that much. I tasted a bite of his and really liked it.
DaisysMom
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to What's Cooking