Postby jennelled » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 am

Sunday: Pesto Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries
Monday: Baked Pasta with Spinach and Ricotta, Steamed Veggies
Tuesday: Crock Pot Lamb, Couscous, Steamed Veggies
Wednesday: Chicken Stir Fry, Quinoa
Thursday: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Steamed Veggies
Friday: Whole Wheat Pizza
Saturday: Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese, Kale Chips
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Dinner ideas Week of April 7

Postby mrs.shea » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:11 am

Sunday - BBQ Chicken Pizza on whole wheat boboli crust (I prefer using TJ's refrigerated ww dough but I was being lazy!)
Monday - Sesame Ginger Maple Baked Tofu, brown rice, stir fried veggies - broccoli, carrots, snow peas
Tuesday - Slow Cooked Jerk Pork with Carribean Salsa, brown rice, salads
Wednesday - Honey Teriyaki Salmon, roasted potatoes and baby carrots
Thursday - Leftover pork made into tacos, Black Bean/Corn/Edamame Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Friday - Garlic, Lemon & Herb Rubbed Chicken Legs with Garden Pasta Salad (this does not need 2 bottles of salad dressing...I probably don't even use 1 whole bottle on it)
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Postby Suzn18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 am

mrs.shea wrote:Sunday - BBQ Chicken Pizza on whole wheat boboli crust (I prefer using TJ's refrigerated ww dough but I was being lazy!)
Monday - Sesame Ginger Maple Baked Tofu, brown rice, stir fried veggies - broccoli, carrots, snow peas
Thursday - Leftover pork made into tacos, Black Bean/Corn/Edamame Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Friday - Garlic, Lemon & Herb Rubbed Chicken Legs with Garden Pasta Salad (this does not need 2 bottles of salad dressing...I probably don't even use 1 whole bottle on it)

Sara, that Jerk Pork sounds ah-mazing. Did you find the Jerk seasoning somewhere locally?
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby LMC2008 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 am

This week, we are eating:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole
Zucchini Boats I am planning to use ground turkey and greek yogurt instead of bacon and sour cream.
Eggplant and Goat Cheese Stacks I am just using the ones from Trader Joes.

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Postby bllr29 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am

Monday - ham/pineapple/cheese wraps with sweet potato fries (made the wraps this weekend from pinterest and they were ah-mazing and so easy)

Tuesday - salsa crockpot chicken, brown rice, spinich

Wednesday - Turkey meat spaghetti with spaghetti squash for me and regular pasta for hubs

Thursday - Salmon, brown rice, and green beans

Friday - homemade pita pizzas

I had to do this, mostly to remind myself we have PLENTY of food at home, and do not need to go out to dinner! We are so bad about getting lazy at night and going out to eat instead of cooking.
bllr29
Level 6
Level 6

Wedding Date: Summer 2009

Postby mrs.shea » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 am

Suzn18 wrote:
mrs.shea wrote:Sunday - BBQ Chicken Pizza on whole wheat boboli crust (I prefer using TJ's refrigerated ww dough but I was being lazy!)

Sara, that Jerk Pork sounds ah-mazing. Did you find the Jerk seasoning somewhere locally?

It is really good! I made my own jerk seasoningbecause I hate buying containers of spice mixes I'll rarely use and I had all the ingredients anyway. I didn't put the dried onion in it...I think I put half the amount of onion powder instead since I had that. I really can't remember...geeze...I just made this a few weeks ago! I'm pretty sure for this pork recipe I just made half the amount of the jerk seasoning recipe since it calls for 2-3 TBSP.
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Postby Suzn18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:19 pm

mrs.shea wrote:
Suzn18 wrote:

It is really good! I made my own jerk seasoningbecause I hate buying containers of spice mixes I'll rarely use and I had all the ingredients anyway. I didn't put the dried onion in it...I think I put half the amount of onion powder instead since I had that. I really can't remember...geeze...I just made this a few weeks ago! I'm pretty sure for this pork recipe I just made half the amount of the jerk seasoning recipe since it calls for 2-3 TBSP.

Great idea!! Thank you!
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Postby Suzn18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:21 pm

LMC2008 wrote:This week, we are eating:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole
Zucchini Boats I am planning to use ground turkey and greek yogurt instead of bacon and sour cream.

We are having zucchini boats this week too. I'm doing the ones from SkinnyTaste but we already have Italian Sausage on hand so I'm using that. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/saus ... boats.html

Let me know how yours turn out! Looks yummy!
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Postby LMC2008 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Suzn18 wrote:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole

We are having zucchini boats this week too. I'm doing the ones from SkinnyTaste but we already have Italian Sausage on hand so I'm using that. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/saus ... boats.html

Thanks for linking that! I think that is what I was originally looking for. I'll let you know how it goes. I might make a mix between the 2!

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Monday: baked cream cheese spaghetti
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: four cheese pasta florentine
Thursday: probably out to eat
Friday: originally I planned on grilling balsamic pork kebabs...but it looks like the temp is supposed to drop again. Not sure what to do for plan b.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby Stl08bride » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 pm

We are officially back to meal planning! We've been slacking and I am so ready to avoid the 'what do you want for dinner?' dilemma.

Tonight we had homemade pizza with pineapple, bacon and caramelized onions.

The rest of the week:
Stacked Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas

Eggplant Pasta Salad

Beet and Bean Burgers with potatoes

Caramelized Tofu with brussels sprouts

Spaghetti Squash & salad
ImageImage
Stl08bride
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby Suzn18 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 am

LMC2008 wrote:
Suzn18 wrote:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole

Thanks for linking that! I think that is what I was originally looking for. I'll let you know how it goes. I might make a mix between the 2!

Ours turned out really good! Hubby ate it up and took the leftovers today so I know he liked it. I used the Italian Sausage so its not as healthy for you but it was still good. The zucchini got a bit mushier thank I thought it would but other than that it was delish!
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Postby lurinmichelle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 am

Suzn18 wrote:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole

Mmmm! Those both sound amazing, and I'm going to add one to my meal plan for next week! Let me know how they turn out so I can decide which one :good:

Here's our meal plan this week:
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Field green & Spinach salad with grilled Ahi tuna steaks
Wednesday: Chicken & ?? (whatever else I find to add in) quesadillas
Thursday: Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Friday: Crockpot Grinders (has anyone tried these? I've had it pinned for forever but I've been skeptical about how they would turn out)
Saturday/Sunday: Depending on weather, we want to grill out at the park one day, and the other day, we're having one of my personal favorites- Korean Beef with Mini Crab Rangoon
Lauren F.

ImageImage
ImageImage
lurinmichelle
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Postby lurinmichelle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am

Suzn18 wrote:
LMC2008 wrote:
Suzn18 wrote:
Cheesy Quinoa Casserole

Ours turned out really good! Hubby ate it up and took the leftovers today so I know he liked it. I used the Italian Sausage so its not as healthy for you but it was still good. The zucchini got a bit mushier thank I thought it would but other than that it was delish!

I wonder if you drained the zucchini first if that would help? I've made zucchini tots and the recipe has you squeeze out the excess water so they aren't soggy. I noticed with one batch I didn't drain as well and it really made a difference.
Lauren F.

ImageImage
ImageImage
lurinmichelle
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Postby mrs.shea » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 am

lurinmichelle wrote:Friday: Crockpot Grinders (has anyone tried these? I've had it pinned for forever but I've been skeptical about how they would turn out)[/url]

Sounds interesting...let us know how they turn out!
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to What's Cooking