Dark Chocolate Banana Bread

(cakes, cookies, candy, etc.)

Dark Chocolate Banana Bread

Postby bride2009 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 am

This recipe had me at "Dark Chocolate" and then add the banana bread, something I make often (well, used to) I had to try this recipe and it was worth it! So good! I didn't follow the recipe to a T so mine came out rather thick (if that makes sense) and I can only eat a half a slice which is probably a good thing. I don't remember where I even found this blog (probably here) but she has a bunch of great recipes!! http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/

Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

(adapted from Taste of Home)

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Servings: Depends on how generous your slices are
Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 egg white
2-3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup agave nectar (honey would also work)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
~1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (more or less, to taste)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, 1-2 minutes. Add egg, then egg white, beating well after each. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in mashed bananas, applesauce, agave, and vanilla extract.

In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips; stir into wet ingredients until just moistened (do not over mix).

Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
bride2009
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Dessert