#NSale Finds!

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Re: #NSale Finds!

Postby AshleyH » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:35 am

AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Postby LizAnn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:47 am

The best sports bra for nursing!

I love this dress, but I am not sure it is going to work.

Another work dress.

And another dress.

And for the baby these shoes and these shoes!

I also ordered a couple of baby blardigans, the Wit and Wisdom bootcut jeans and the Leith circle cardigan! Hoping some of this works out!
LizAnn
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby jennelled » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:15 am

LizAnn wrote:
jennelled wrote:Update! I was able to have Matt pick up some of my order last night, so I need some opinions. :) I've decided I much prefer these booties, so the others will go back (funny, since I almost didn't buy these at all!). But the back is a zipper, and it makes SO much noise when I'm walking. A friend said I could put moleskin on the zipper and it would help. Do you think it will?

Also, I really love the circle cardigan / baby blardigan. I got the Cocoa / Pearl Heather color, which I didn't realize was the same color as one of my regular blardigans. It's just a little darker than I was expecting? I'm contemplating returning it and getting the Stone color instead. I plan to wear this over leggings and nursing tanks this fall / winter, and I *do* plan to wear it out of the house (it definitely feels more "put together" than the regular blardigan, if anyone is on the fence!). Am I going to get Stone and think it's way too light? Is it silly to get something so light to wear around a tiny baby?

Do you think it is just that pair making the noise? I was thinking of ordering those, but maybe not... What kind of noise? Moleskin might help. You could probably try it and return them if it doesn't work.

I don't have stone, so I don't know how light it is, but I think light colors disguise spit up better! :laughing: I ordered the same one you did, so I am excited to get them in the mail! Is it more gray or more tan?

I am jealous you already have some of your stuff! Although I do really love to get packages when I get home from work!

I think it's the design of the shoe, not just this particular pair. It's a clicking noise, just the zipper pull hitting the zipper teeth. Maybe it wouldn't be as noticeable walking around in the real world (because heels make noise, too, after all!) but it was obvious walking around my carpeted bedroom last night.

I'd definitely say it's more tan than gray. Looks like stone is backordered. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12 and Clara Rose 08.06.14
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby AshleyH » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:40 am

Oh and if anyone needs stocking stuffers for their husband, there's a bunch of tommy John stuff included and it rarely gets this cheap (usually Black Friday they'll do 15% off). My husband made the switch a couple years ago from his fruit of the loom boxers and is obsessed - he prefers the cool cotton material boxer briefs but also has the trunks. He also likes the undershirts!
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Postby lurinmichelle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:14 am

I got 2 pairs of jeans (will probably only keep 1 unless they both blow me away):
Kut from the Kloth
Wit & Wisdom

The Caslon Knit Blazer in burgundy.

The Leith Circle Cardigan in Charcoal. I really wanted the pink but it was sold out :sad11: ... if it's restocked later, maybe I can snag it and return the Charcoal. Or I wonder if they will let me exchange for another color after the sale?

And replacing my Beauty Blenders as usual.
Lauren F.

ImageImage
ImageImage
lurinmichelle
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Postby *K » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Yay for 10x points!

I got the Zella high waist leggings (love the high waist capris I have), a basic gray tee, leith circle Cardigan (wanted pink but no luck), gray blocked heel slides and lace up flats.
Attachments
IMG_6788.PNG
IMG_6786.JPG
IMG_6787.JPG
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Carrie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:19 pm

I got 3 pairs of jeans (2 Mavi, 1 KFTK), but will only keep 1-2. Got a bunch of Caslon rounded v-neck tees, Circle cardigan in cocoa/pearl for me and in the bluish color for my mom for Christmas, a pair of Nine West black boots that I'm pretty sure I'll return, a bunch of polos for my husband, a random dress for work, 2 Natori convertible bras, dress shoes for DH, this Moto jacket, which I'm not sure about, and one of these in gray for me and in black for my SIL for Xmas.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby jennelled » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 am

Such good finds!! I'm annoyed I didn't order every color in that Leith cardigan, ha ha! Mine arrives Tuesday, so if I love it maybe I'll stalk the page when the sale opens to the public and get more.

I'm also eyeing this Ugg Cozy Lounge Poncho. With my Zella high waist leggings and a nursing tank? Looks like the perfect maternity leave outfit to me!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12 and Clara Rose 08.06.14
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby Carrie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 am

Question--

How quickly do you find out something is backordered or unavailable? So far my (4!!) orders are all in progress or have partially shipped, and I haven't received any backorder/OOS notices. Wondering if/when I would?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Carrie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 am

Yesterday morning I also ordered...

These boots

and these boots

... in addition to these boots that I already ordered.

I'm trying to find black boots to wear to work with pencil skirts and sheath dresses in the winter. I struggle with boots at my super conservative office, but so much of my work wardrobe is skirts/dresses, and given that bare legs are cold and tights are always problematic (hello, 34" inseam), I was hoping for a boot solution.

I also ordered 2 pairs of sunglasses-- these in crystal stone and these in milky tort.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Mykingdomforahorse » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

I just saw these. If the booties I ordered last week don't work, I think I'll give them a try.
Mykingdomforahorse
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2005

Postby Carrie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Received the Leith circle cardigan today and I really don't love it. Weird around the neck, pocket placement is off, I worry about snags... Return.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Postby AshleyH » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Carrie- last year my baby blardigan was backordered (annoying because I ordered the first day of the sale) and it was always "shipped partial"...until maybe two days after the sale ended and then they canceled my order. SO annoying because of course it was in stock after the sale. I'm sure if I called/made a stink they would have done something but I didn't care that much.
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Postby Carrie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 pm

AshleyH wrote:Carrie- last year my baby blardigan was backordered (annoying because I ordered the first day of the sale) and it was always "shipped partial"...until maybe two days after the sale ended and then they canceled my order. SO annoying because of course it was in stock after the sale. I'm sure if I called/made a stink they would have done something but I didn't care that much.

Frustrating. But good to know, thank you!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Postby durbaa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:40 am

I was thinking about buying a few Christmas presents, but what will happen if the people want to return or exchange the items? Since it will have been so long, what is Nordstroms policy on that?
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby AshleyH » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:27 am

durbaa wrote:I was thinking about buying a few Christmas presents, but what will happen if the people want to return or exchange the items? Since it will have been so long, what is Nordstroms policy on that?

Nordstrom basically doesn't have a return policy - they'll take back stuff that's a year old. Heck, I went in there one time with a shirt I had purchased during the anniversary sale (so July) - a seam tore out the second time I wore it (it was maybe December or January since it was a winter shirt) and they gave me a refund, no questions asked. And I had worn the shirt!
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Postby durbaa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 am

AshleyH wrote:
durbaa wrote:I was thinking about buying a few Christmas presents, but what will happen if the people want to return or exchange the items? Since it will have been so long, what is Nordstroms policy on that?

Nordstrom basically doesn't have a return policy - they'll take back stuff that's a year old. Heck, I went in there one time with a shirt I had purchased during the anniversary sale (so July) - a seam tore out the second time I wore it (it was maybe December or January since it was a winter shirt) and they gave me a refund, no questions asked. And I had worn the shirt!

Well that's awesome, thank you!
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby Carrie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:07 am

So everything I ordered shipped-- except the Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan in Cocoa/Pearl Heather! And that was the main thing I wanted, WAH! It did ship in the blue, which I ordered for my mom... but I really wanted the Cocoa.

I'm sure it will come back in stock sometime after the sale (right!?). Anyone have success negotiating the sale price with Nordstrom on the back end?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Carrie » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:09 am

Carrie wrote:
AshleyH wrote:Carrie- last year my baby blardigan was backordered (annoying because I ordered the first day of the sale) and it was always "shipped partial"...until maybe two days after the sale ended and then they canceled my order. SO annoying because of course it was in stock after the sale. I'm sure if I called/made a stink they would have done something but I didn't care that much.

Frustrating. But good to know, thank you!

I'm currently plotting stink-making... I'm so disappointed!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Postby jennelled » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:08 am

Carrie wrote:So everything I ordered shipped-- except the Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan in Cocoa/Pearl Heather! And that was the main thing I wanted, WAH! It did ship in the blue, which I ordered for my mom... but I really wanted the Cocoa.

I'm sure it will come back in stock sometime after the sale (right!?). Anyone have success negotiating the sale price with Nordstrom on the back end?

Booooo!

My Leith cardigan came in while we were OOT, and I really like it - but there's this super weird black thread sewn into the sleeve (it's clearly an accident). But the dang thing is completely sold out, so I don't know what to do! I logged in early this morning to check to see if they restocked a few items (like that, and the baby blardigan in stone) for the public access, but no dice.

Now I have to decide what to return. I actually think a lot is going back. :blush:
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

PreviousNext

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On