Friday

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Friday

Postby Leann » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:10 am

What are your plans this weekend?
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Re: Friday

Postby Leann » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:19 am

Today: I was planning on meeting up with some of the other families from Lily's class, but Clara was up a lot last night and Lily says she's not feeling well. So I have an excuse to skip it. Instead, we will tidy up the house; the kids will love it.

Saturday: Our local gardens is having a carnivorous plant exhibit, so we'll take the kids to see that. We also have a few errands to run.

Sunday: Starting to get the house ready for my parents' visit. They get here in 8 days, and I'm super excited. But man I need to clean!
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby jennelled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 am

Today: I had to retake my glucose test today - I didn't fail the first one, the lab just didn't draw it? I emailed two weeks after to ask where my results were, and they said they'd look into it. I asked again at my appointment yesterday, and apparently they drew the wrong order, were supposed to contact me, and never did. So I got to repeat the test this morning. :dontknow: I have a sort-of important meeting at 11:30, otherwise I'll probably work on getting stuff ready before my maternity leave. I had a fantastic OB appointment yesterday, guys - I went in with a huge list, and I was not very happy with the practice or how my pregnancy was being handled (and this was before I knew LabCorp messed up!!). We were with the doctor for almost 45 minutes, she answered all my questions, and I left feeling great. Such a relief! It also helped that Matt came to this appointment. He came to pretty much all my Audrey appointments and a handful of Clara appointments, but this time he's really only been there when I had an ultrasound. We chatted earlier this week, and he's going to make more of an effort to come to them going forward, which makes me happy. :)

Saturday: Clara's last t-ball game! We'll all go, they have a little ceremony afterward. She's enjoyed it, but I'm glad it's over. Ha! That evening we're supposed to have family / maternity pictures done. Should probably touch base with the photographer...I wouldn't hate it if they got rescheduled. :blush:

Sunday: Apple picking with some friends! We'll drive up to the mountains, and this is probably the last time I'm really allowed to go that far from the hospital. I'm guessing I will skip picking pumpkins this year, so this lets me get my fall on. Yay fall!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12 and Clara Rose 08.06.14
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby AshleyH » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:13 am

Jennelle, that's so funny about matt because jeremey has come to all of my appointments, even the ones that were ONLY blood draws and I'm like "dude leave me alone". He can't make my next appointment and is bummed and trying to rearrange his schedule but my I'm secretly relieved :laughing:

Today: work! My dotted-line boss is finally here (she's been traveling) so if she ever makes her way upstairs (she's just been catching up with people downstairs) I'm goinng to tell her about the bambino- in really nervous! No plans tonight - the pilot light on our hot water heater went out at some point yesterday, and the reignite switch is broken so we have a service coming out to look at it, so hopefully that's done so I can take a shower.

Saturday: no big plans, but we've of course got a list of house stuff to do. A new bagel place opened up and I want to check that out so I'm dreaming big!

Sunday: same as above.
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Postby jennelled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 am

AshleyH wrote:Jennelle, that's so funny about matt because jeremey has come to all of my appointments, even the ones that were ONLY blood draws and I'm like "dude leave me alone". He can't make my next appointment and is bummed and trying to rearrange his schedule but my I'm secretly relieved :laughing:

Ha ha! It's totally a first-timer thing. For the vast majority of your appointments, you'll be in there for like, five seconds - heartbeat, measure the ute, answer any burning questions, see you in a month. But it's exciting when it's your first!!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12 and Clara Rose 08.06.14
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby Jacoby2Seelen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 am

Friday: Test driving cars.

Saturday: Test driving cars.

Sunday: Hopefully we're done test driving cars. :laughing:
I have a Senior photo session Sunday morning.

That is seriously all we have planned. I'm sure it is the last weekend until after Christmas we don't have a million things going on (including Fall photo shoots)!
Trisha and Ric
November 12, 2005
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lb2m.lilypie.com/YFO6m5.png[/img][/link]

Jacoby2Seelen
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall

Postby *K » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 am

We are planning to take the girls to a waterpark tomorrow (maybe I should check the weather) and maybe eat out to celebrate our 9th anniversary as a family. We'll see how that goes...
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby durbaa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 pm

jennelled wrote:
AshleyH wrote:Jennelle, that's so funny about matt because jeremey has come to all of my appointments, even the ones that were ONLY blood draws and I'm like "dude leave me alone". He can't make my next appointment and is bummed and trying to rearrange his schedule but my I'm secretly relieved :laughing:

Ha ha! It's totally a first-timer thing. For the vast majority of your appointments, you'll be in there for like, five seconds - heartbeat, measure the ute, answer any burning questions, see you in a month. But it's exciting when it's your first!!

Due to the nature of my DH's job, he wasn't able to be at a lot of the appointments. The first one he was going to come to I was seriously stressing out about him seeing my weight (I've been like that my entire life). I finally told him he was going to have to hang back from the scale so he didn't see, he thought I was being ridiculous (which I was) but I was being serious. As if my weight would be the most awkward thing for him to see when you're going to have a baby. :laughing:
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Ben is still on his work trip.
Tonight- driving the kids over to their grandparents, then I'm going out to eat with my mom friends. I haven't really seen them since we moved in May.
Saturday- I'm debating going to the stork lady sale, but I'll probably just end up binging tv all day.
Sunday- mil is bringing the kids back home then helping me take the kids back to school shopping.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby k.linn » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 pm

Tonight: we are in our first week of trying out a new schedule and I'm loving being home by 3. Hadley and I are just waiting outside for the big kids' bus. When P gets home I'm going to the American Girl Pop up. I just missed it last weekend. Tonight we're planning on doing a movie night on the deck and enjoying this weather.

Tomorrow: meeting up with some ladies to sell LipSense and running errands. We're having some family/friends over for dinner.

Sunday: bridal shower and taking Aud to see Newsies.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, and Hadley.
Image Image Image[/url]
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby durbaa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:05 pm

k.linn wrote:Tonight: we are in our first week of trying out a new schedule and I'm loving being home by 3. Hadley and I are just waiting outside for the big kids' bus. When P gets home I'm going to the American Girl Pop up. I just missed it last weekend. Tonight we're planning on doing a movie night on the deck and enjoying this weather.

Do you guys have an outside TV? We've been discussing one but haven't looked into one at all yet.
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby k.linn » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:51 pm

durbaa wrote:
k.linn wrote:Tonight: we are in our first week of trying out a new schedule and I'm loving being home by 3. Hadley and I are just waiting outside for the big kids' bus. When P gets home I'm going to the American Girl Pop up. I just missed it last weekend. Tonight we're planning on doing a movie night on the deck and enjoying this weather.

Do you guys have an outside TV? We've been discussing one but haven't looked into one at all yet.
yep. DH is a general contractor and we end up with so much random stuff after demos. We now have tvs for the deck, basement, and garage (but no one thought to grab the remotes, so. . . .). We probably would've bought one for our deck regardless. It's covered, we have comfy seating and a heater out there and we are outside any chance we get.
Image Image Image[/url]
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Postby durbaa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:29 am

k.linn wrote:
durbaa wrote:

yep. DH is a general contractor and we end up with so much random stuff after demos. We now have tvs for the deck, basement, and garage (but no one thought to grab the remotes, so. . . .). We probably would've bought one for our deck regardless. It's covered, we have comfy seating and a heater out there and we are outside any chance we get.

Does that mean it's a regular TV that you just have covered? My dh built a deck on our house a couple years ago and it has a gazebo on it, but the only real place I think we'd be able to put it it'd be exposed to weather, I'm thinking ours would have to be a TV meant for outside....
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby k.linn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:15 pm

durbaa wrote:
k.linn wrote:
durbaa wrote:

Does that mean it's a regular TV that you just have covered? My dh built a deck on our house a couple years ago and it has a gazebo on it, but the only real place I think we'd be able to put it it'd be exposed to weather, I'm thinking ours would have to be a TV meant for outside....
yes. Regular tv. Deck is only open on one side and the tv is never exposed to the elements. I don't put a cover on it or anything, but we do bring it off the mount and store it in the basement for winter.
Image Image Image[/url]
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On