Black Friday

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Black Friday

Postby Carrie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanksgiving is next week! What deals are you eyeing for Black Friday?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Re: Black Friday

Postby LMC2008 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 pm

I don't really go out on Black Friday, but we always get our Magic House membership and Hanna Anderson pajamas online!

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:45 pm

We are eyeing a couple Christmas tree deals. I also need to pick up some video games for my nephews and pink clothing for my nieces.
As always though I refuse to attempt the crowds and I'll try to do as much as possible online.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby maygirl » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 am

Erin&Ben08 wrote:We are eyeing a couple Christmas tree deals. I also need to pick up some video games for my nephews and pink clothing for my nieces.
As always though I refuse to attempt the crowds and I'll try to do as much as possible online.

Yes! We desperately need a new Christmas tree!

I always buy my bras on Black Friday. Also getting new sonicare toothbrush from kohls. So exciting ;)

Walmart has a giant box of Legos for $20 I want to try and get. I do most of my shopping online. I'm working Black Friday this year at Kohls, but I don't go in until 5:00 pm, so I don't know if it will be too crazy at that point.
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Postby durbaa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 am

Erin&Ben08 wrote:We are eyeing a couple Christmas tree deals. I also need to pick up some video games for my nephews and pink clothing for my nieces.

Where are you looking at for the tree? We could use a new one this year too.
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby durbaa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 am

maygirl wrote:[
I'm working Black Friday this year at Kohls, but I don't go in until 5:00 pm, so I don't know if it will be too crazy at that point.

So you got the job, congratulations!!
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby jennelled » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am

We're getting an Instant Pot. :roll:

Otherwise, I don't know! I need to finalize our shopping list and start scoping out the deals. :)
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby neh0607 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 am

My list is pretty boring this year which may be a good thing. I have a few DVDs on my list, there's a Shopkins set at Walmart that I know J would love, and will be scoping out the purse deals at Macys. I am sure I will place an Old Navy online order as I seem to do that every year.
~ Nora & Daryl ~ June 30, 2007 ~

neh0607
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Postby AshleyH » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Freshly picked is having a week-long Black Friday sale...so I’m probably gonna have to get some overpriced baby moccasins. My newest thing is this bunny lamp from West Elm that I’m obsessed with - I’m gonna need a Black Friday deal for that. I’ve got a few Christmas gifts I’m going to check out On Black Friday if there’s a deal. I really want a roomba buttttt I don’t think that’s going to happen. My parents and brother are in town so al my BF shopping will be online.
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 pm

durbaa wrote:

Walmart had the best deal- a 7.5 foot pre lit with LED for $70ish. I just hope it's actually good quality. If that one doesn't work out lowes also has a 7.5 foot pre lit (but not led) for less than $100.

Usually target has a great deal after thanksgiving, but this year it's only a $25 discount. :sad11:

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Postby durbaa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:19 am

AshleyH wrote:Freshly picked is having a week-long Black Friday sale...so I’m probably gonna have to get some overpriced baby moccasins. My newest thing is this bunny lamp from West Elm that I’m obsessed with - I’m gonna need a Black Friday deal for that. I’ve got a few Christmas gifts I’m going to check out On Black Friday if there’s a deal. I really want a roomba buttttt I don’t think that’s going to happen. My parents and brother are in town so al my BF shopping will be online.

If you get one, go with a neato!!! I bought a roomba and returned it after I watched it a few times. It has no pattern to how it cleans which means it was missing huge chunks of rooms (like 3/4's of a room!) or skipping it altogether. And our house isn't huge but it couldn't do it all in one battery charge, which means the rooms it doesn't get, just doesn't get done. The neato scans the room and breaks it up into sections. Then it will do the outside perimeter of the section it scanned, and then a back and forth pattern to get the inside of the perimeter. If it can't get the whole house on one battery charge, then it will go back, charge and start where it left off once charged. We got one right before Hanna started crawling because with our dog we could have cleaned the floors everyday, which we didn't have time for. I love that thing, it's been awesome!
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby durbaa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 am

Erin&Ben08 wrote:
durbaa wrote:

Walmart had the best deal- a 7.5 foot pre lit with LED for $70ish. I just hope it's actually good quality. If that one doesn't work out lowes also has a 7.5 foot pre lit (but not led) for less than $100.

Usually target has a great deal after thanksgiving, but this year it's only a $25 discount. :sad11:

Thanks! I can't speak to the pre lit one at Walmart but we decided last minute to get a fake tree several years ago. We went to Walmart (most places were already picked over) and bought an $80 tree. I felt like it was good quality, I loved the way it looked and it held up fairly well.
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 am

durbaa wrote:
Erin&Ben08 wrote:
durbaa wrote:

Thanks! I can't speak to the pre lit one at Walmart but we decided last minute to get a fake tree several years ago. We went to Walmart (most places were already picked over) and bought an $80 tree. I felt like it was good quality, I loved the way it looked and it held up fairly well.

The one we have now is from Walmart and has lasted us over 10 years. It still looks decent, but we want a taller one to go with the vaulted ceilings in our new house.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Postby tebster616 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 am

durbaa wrote:
AshleyH wrote:Freshly picked is having a week-long Black Friday sale...so I’m probably gonna have to get some overpriced baby moccasins. My newest thing is this bunny lamp from West Elm that I’m obsessed with - I’m gonna need a Black Friday deal for that. I’ve got a few Christmas gifts I’m going to check out On Black Friday if there’s a deal. I really want a roomba buttttt I don’t think that’s going to happen. My parents and brother are in town so al my BF shopping will be online.

If you get one, go with a neato!!! I bought a roomba and returned it after I watched it a few times. It has no pattern to how it cleans which means it was missing huge chunks of rooms (like 3/4's of a room!) or skipping it altogether. And our house isn't huge but it couldn't do it all in one battery charge, which means the rooms it doesn't get, just doesn't get done. The neato scans the room and breaks it up into sections. Then it will do the outside perimeter of the section it scanned, and then a back and forth pattern to get the inside of the perimeter. If it can't get the whole house on one battery charge, then it will go back, charge and start where it left off once charged. We got one right before Hanna started crawling because with our dog we could have cleaned the floors everyday, which we didn't have time for. I love that thing, it's been awesome!

Do these work on hardwood floors and pick up dog hair?
tebster616
Level 7
Level 7

Postby durbaa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

tebster616 wrote:
durbaa wrote:

Do these work on hardwood floors and pick up dog hair?

Yes! We use ours daily and it goes over our tile, hardwood and carpet fine. And that was the biggest reason we got it was because of the dog. I went with the model I did because it was supposed to be better for pet hair and allergens and because I could start it from my phone. It's actually disturbing what it picks up considering we run it daily.
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby AES0505 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:12 am

durbaa wrote: If you get one, go with a neato!!! I bought a roomba and returned it after I watched it a few times. It has no pattern to how it cleans which means it was missing huge chunks of rooms (like 3/4's of a room!) or skipping it altogether. And our house isn't huge but it couldn't do it all in one battery charge, which means the rooms it doesn't get, just doesn't get done. The neato scans the room and breaks it up into sections. Then it will do the outside perimeter of the section it scanned, and then a back and forth pattern to get the inside of the perimeter. If it can't get the whole house on one battery charge, then it will go back, charge and start where it left off once charged. We got one right before Hanna started crawling because with our dog we could have cleaned the floors everyday, which we didn't have time for. I love that thing, it's been awesome!

What model do you have? With 3 kids and 2 dogs, I need something because I don’t have time to vacuum daily!
AES0505
Level 4
Level 4

Wedding Date: Summer 2010

Postby durbaa » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 am

AES0505 wrote:
durbaa wrote: If you get one, go with a neato!!! I bought a roomba and returned it after I watched it a few times. It has no pattern to how it cleans which means it was missing huge chunks of rooms (like 3/4's of a room!) or skipping it altogether. And our house isn't huge but it couldn't do it all in one battery charge, which means the rooms it doesn't get, just doesn't get done. The neato scans the room and breaks it up into sections. Then it will do the outside perimeter of the section it scanned, and then a back and forth pattern to get the inside of the perimeter. If it can't get the whole house on one battery charge, then it will go back, charge and start where it left off once charged. We got one right before Hanna started crawling because with our dog we could have cleaned the floors everyday, which we didn't have time for. I love that thing, it's been awesome!

What model do you have? With 3 kids and 2 dogs, I need something because I don’t have time to vacuum daily!

The Botvac D5 Connected. You can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon or they will price match Amazon, whichever is cheaper.
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby k.linn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm

We were going to get a Christmas tree, but my in law's are moving and their new one won't fit in the house, so it worked out well for us! We were also hoping to score some deals on exterior lights--our new roof is substantially bigger than the old house, and the kids love it when we decorate outside, so we'd love to get some up soon. I do most of my Christmas shopping over the summer, so I really don't have a need to buy much now, and I'm kind of trying to avoid the temptation.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, and Hadley.
Image Image Image[/url]
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby Leann » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:43 am

I'm looking at a few things on Amazon. A few DVDs, and browsing various departments. My heart's just not in it though, or the things I'm looking for have no good deals.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby cardinalkite » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:45 am

maygirl wrote:

Yes! We desperately need a new Christmas tree!

I always buy my bras on Black Friday. Also getting new sonicare toothbrush from kohls. So exciting ;)

Walmart has a giant box of Legos for $20 I want to try and get. I do most of my shopping online. I'm working Black Friday this year at Kohls, but I don't go in until 5:00 pm, so I don't know if it will be too crazy at that point.

Where do you get your bras on BF? I never would've thought to look at those for deals.
Danny: [after a boy goes missing at Yankee Stadium] This would've never happened at Shea.
Vivian: It's so sad how bitter Mets fans are.

-Without a Trace

http://www.leftturnyieldongreen.blogspot.com
cardinalkite
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2006

Next

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On