Casual Summer Clothes

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Casual Summer Clothes

Postby jennelled » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 am

Yesterday I had plans to meet a friend for a mani/pedi and then meet up with our husbands and kids for lunch, and I literally had nothing to wear that was appropriate for both activities. I needed something other than jeans for the pedi (generally I'd wear a dress or athleisure for this activity), but I also needed to be able to look presentable at lunch AND be able to nurse Corinne without stripping down to my undies.

What are your casual go-tos for spring and summer? I am not opposed to shorts, but I'm not where I want to be weight-wise - I'm fine with shorts if we'll be up and moving around, but the idea of sticking to the plastic on the seats at the nail salon sounds awful. I have several t-shirt dresses and the like I will wear to work, but that's because I have privacy to strip down and pump - I can't do that if I need to actually nurse the baby.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Casual Summer Clothes

Postby k.linn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 am

I just bought a few dresses at old navy that are off the shoulder (knee length and midi). They’re perfect because I can wear them now (I refuse to buy spring/summer maternity clothes after 3 winter babes), but I picked them especially because I’ll be able to nurse in them this summer after baby is here.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, and Hadley.
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby Mykingdomforahorse » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:42 pm

What about a wrap or illusion wrap dress?
Mykingdomforahorse
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2005

Postby LizAnn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am

Last summer when I was nursing I bought several wrap dresses from Ann Taylor. They were perfect for work and for running around! I loved them because they were also forgiving weight-wise. I can still wear them even though I have dropped 20 pounds since I bought them.

Although I usually make sure to not wear a dress for a pedi... For that I would have probably worn jeans and just rolled them up. I do have some jeans that are cropped that I wear pretty often in the summer.

I swear wardrobes are so hard for moms! I used to always wear dresses and skirts, now I lean more toward shorts and jeans... I do have shorts from old navy and target from last year that are really comfortable and come in a variety of lengths.
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby jennelled » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 am

LizAnn wrote:Last summer when I was nursing I bought several wrap dresses from Ann Taylor. They were perfect for work and for running around! I loved them because they were also forgiving weight-wise. I can still wear them even though I have dropped 20 pounds since I bought them.

Although I usually make sure to not wear a dress for a pedi... For that I would have probably worn jeans and just rolled them up. I do have some jeans that are cropped that I wear pretty often in the summer.

I swear wardrobes are so hard for moms! I used to always wear dresses and skirts, now I lean more toward shorts and jeans... I do have shorts from old navy and target from last year that are really comfortable and come in a variety of lengths.

I have disproportionately large calves. Like, even when I've been my smallest, I still need extended calf boots. I've *never* been able to just roll up my pants (unless I'm wearing bootcuts or flares or something). :(
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby Carrie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am

Off topic— Jennelle, if you are interested in more traffic on the weight loss board, I’m totally down for that. (I’ll participate, but I’m not great about generating discussion like you are.) I lost about 20 pounds last year and am now only 1 size up from my “ideal” size (which I haven’t been in 10+ years), but right now I’m super into weight lifting and am focused on building lean muscle mass. Regardless, I’m all about counting my calories/macros and making sure I get to the gym 4-5x week and am probably annoying my husband with how much I talk about it. Would love another venue to do so!

Only if it helps. No pressure, obviously. You’ve got a lot going on these days! :)
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby jennelled » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Carrie wrote:Off topic— Jennelle, if you are interested in more traffic on the weight loss board, I’m totally down for that. (I’ll participate, but I’m not great about generating discussion like you are.) I lost about 20 pounds last year and am now only 1 size up from my “ideal” size (which I haven’t been in 10+ years), but right now I’m super into weight lifting and am focused on building lean muscle mass. Regardless, I’m all about counting my calories/macros and making sure I get to the gym 4-5x week and am probably annoying my husband with how much I talk about it. Would love another venue to do so!

Only if it helps. No pressure, obviously. You’ve got a lot going on these days! :)

Yes! I'm happy to start a check in - I go through spurts where I'm motivated, and today has been one of them. :yahoo:
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby Carrie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:46 pm

jennelled wrote:
Carrie wrote:Off topic— Jennelle, if you are interested in more traffic on the weight loss board, I’m totally down for that. (I’ll participate, but I’m not great about generating discussion like you are.) I lost about 20 pounds last year and am now only 1 size up from my “ideal” size (which I haven’t been in 10+ years), but right now I’m super into weight lifting and am focused on building lean muscle mass. Regardless, I’m all about counting my calories/macros and making sure I get to the gym 4-5x week and am probably annoying my husband with how much I talk about it. Would love another venue to do so!

Yes! I'm happy to start a check in - I go through spurts where I'm motivated, and today has been one of them. :yahoo:

Sweet!
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby LizAnn » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 am

Carrie wrote:
jennelled wrote:

Sweet!

I'd be in for this! I need some motivation!
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On