Happy Friday!

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Happy Friday!

Postby jennelled » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 am

Big plans?
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Happy Friday!

Postby jennelled » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 am

Today: Attempting to work from home, but I couldn't get the VPN to work. IT "helped," and now the computer won't even turn on. :dontknow: Daycare closes at 12:30. We had tickets to Love Never Dies, but we cancelled because we're doing hurricane prep and I think our kids would be upset if we went out. The show hasn't been cancelled and today we'll really just have wind and some rain.

Saturday: Clara has a birthday party in the afternoon. Saturday night is when it's supposed to start really raining here.

Sunday: Rain. Rain rain rain. We're expected to get up to 15 inches (!!) of rain through Monday night. We aren't in a flood-prone area, but we've been told to expect power outages. Downed trees are also a concern - the trees in our yard are crazy huge, so we'll probably sleep in the basement for a few nights.

NC's meme game is strong. This is one of my faves. :)
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby durbaa » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:40 am

Today: Hanna started in the 2 year old room today, you guys that was probably a harder drop off than her first day at daycare. She's been with the same teachers since she's been at the school and screamed when I dropped her off (first time ever!!). I cried on my way to work, not a way to start the weekend!! Tonight we run around like crazy people getting last minute birthday prep done.

Saturday: Hanna's party!

Sunday: Recover.

My favorite meme so far has been this one:
Attachments
Hurricane Flo.PNG
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby LizAnn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:45 am

Happy Friday! I just got back from Chicago late last night, and I am so ready for the weekend!

Tonight we are staying home and having family time! I can't wait!

Tomorrow we have daycare's all festival, and then a date night!

Sunday we are pretty open! I am hoping we can keep it a low key day.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jennelle, I hope you all stay safe! I am happy to hear you are so prepared!
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby k.linn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Tonight: I’ll probably do a movie night with the kids. My in laws asked my husband to help with building their house tonight (and Wednesday, and Saturday, and every other time we have a free night). It’s a sticky situation. They need him to help because they don’t really know what they’re doing, but it’s hard on him (and me! Lady at home with 4 kids!) when literally every night the kids don’t have an activity they want help. I’m especially cranky because h started climbing out of her crib this week and quit napping. I needed that nap. Lol.

Tomorrow: A has a soccer game in IL and I’m hoping to get the house cleaned and drop off some packages. I started selling the clothes Hadley and Malachi grow out of on fb resale pages. So darn easy! And good money! It feels nice to start getting rid of things and not have tons of kids clothes stored all of the time.

Sunday: church and then both big kids have soccer games at the same time, so p will take Micah to his and I’ll take the other 3 back to Belleville for Aud’s. I’m going to try to sweet talk a car exchange. I love my minivan, but I really love his Yukon and his DVD player works, unlike mine! I’m hoping p is able to make it back in time to catch a community meeting—Billy Busch is planning to build a brewery/event space/petting zoo out by us and it’s been a heated topic (our town is small and rural and this would have a major impact on the area. It will be interesting!
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby durbaa » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:11 am

k.linn wrote:Billy Busch is planning to build a brewery/event space/petting zoo out by us and it’s been a heated topic (our town is small and rural and this would have a major impact on the area. It will be interesting!

Very interesting, did you get to go to this?
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby k.linn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:15 pm

durbaa wrote:
k.linn wrote:Billy Busch is planning to build a brewery/event space/petting zoo out by us and it’s been a heated topic (our town is small and rural and this would have a major impact on the area. It will be interesting!

Very interesting, did you get to go to this?

We didn’t as our kids had extra games added. From what I’ve heard he and the brewmaster came to address concerns. In all honesty, I think it looks pretty cool and like somewhere I’d go, but I do understand the concerns/frustrations of the adjoining property owners, and there seems to be some bitterness that he’s wanting to build on the polo fields property and not on land close to their own family farm (down the road). I know the town has successfully fought other proposed developments, but I imagine he has prettt deep pockets to fight back.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On