Friday!

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Friday!

Postby jennelled » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:51 am

What's the plan, friends? We're getting so close to Christmas!!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Friday!

Postby mosteph » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:15 am

My plan all weekend is to try and not pass this cold I have on to Avery and hopefully be rid of it before I go back to work on Tuesday!!! Other than that, Christmas shopping and taking the kids to see Santa.
mosteph
Level 7
Level 7

Wedding Date: Winter 2008/2009

Postby k.linn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:19 am

Hopefully go hoooooome. Aud went into the hospital last Friday and we were transferred to Children’s on Saturday. We’ve been here ever since (perforated appendix). We have permission to leave from 3 of the teams working on her—just waiting on the final one. We were supposed to do tea at the ritz tomorrow and she’s bummed we’re not going; it’s the first time in 5 years we’ve missed it. She’s going home on a PICC line so our lives for the next two weeks need to be planned so that we can give her an IV at 6, 12, 6, and 12. That makes me nervous, but we have a home healthcare company coming to our house to teach us for the first one. I just want to shower in my own bathroom, sleep in a bed, and kiss on my other two kiddos. I’m pretty sure Audrey just wants a break from being with me 24/7. :laughing:
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, and Hadley.
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby mosteph » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 am

k.linn wrote:Hopefully go hoooooome. Aud went into the hospital last Friday and we were transferred to Children’s on Saturday. We’ve been here ever since (perforated appendix). We have permission to leave from 3 of the teams working on her—just waiting on the final one. We were supposed to do tea at the ritz tomorrow and she’s bummed we’re not going; it’s the first time in 5 years we’ve missed it. She’s going home on a PICC line so our lives for the next two weeks need to be planned so that we can give her an IV at 6, 12, 6, and 12. That makes me nervous, but we have a home healthcare company coming to our house to teach us for the first one. I just want to shower in my own bathroom, sleep in a bed, and kiss on my other two kiddos. I’m pretty sure Audrey just wants a break from being with me 24/7. :laughing:

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully you are home soon!!
mosteph
Level 7
Level 7

Wedding Date: Winter 2008/2009

Postby LizAnn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 am

k.linn wrote:Hopefully go hoooooome. Aud went into the hospital last Friday and we were transferred to Children’s on Saturday. We’ve been here ever since (perforated appendix). We have permission to leave from 3 of the teams working on her—just waiting on the final one. We were supposed to do tea at the ritz tomorrow and she’s bummed we’re not going; it’s the first time in 5 years we’ve missed it. She’s going home on a PICC line so our lives for the next two weeks need to be planned so that we can give her an IV at 6, 12, 6, and 12. That makes me nervous, but we have a home healthcare company coming to our house to teach us for the first one. I just want to shower in my own bathroom, sleep in a bed, and kiss on my other two kiddos. I’m pretty sure Audrey just wants a break from being with me 24/7. :laughing:

I hope you do get to go home! And that she is feeling better! That is scary!
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby LizAnn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

Tonight, hoping to get out of work a bit early. We are trying to do most of our Christmas shopping tonight and tomorrow morning. Our plan for tomorrow night is to watch the Polar Express and make cookies, but we need to make significant progress on the Christmas list first!

Sunday, we might try to go to Church, and then we have hockey practice in the afternoon. Hopefully home early to prep for the week ahead!
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby jennelled » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 am

I've been checking your FB constantly for updates!! I'm glad to hear you'll be home soon.

Today: Corinne's first babysitter. :shock: Wish her luck, lol. We're meeting friends for dinner and then we have tickets to see Les Mis. I, admittedly, wouldn't hate it if we skipped the theater and came home after dinner.

Saturday: Big girls have dance, and then I want us all to go to the fancy resort near here to check out their gingerbread house display. That evening, our neighborhood is setting out luminaries so we'll take a stroll once they're all lit and listen to Christmas music. It's one of my favorite traditions!

Sunday: Our friends are having a holiday part at their house, so we'll head over there for a bit.

And wrap Christmas presents. Should probably start that process, too.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby k.linn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:08 pm

We are just waiting on our discharge paperwork now! Hooray! I’ll now be paranoid every time my other kids have a GI bug that we’re headed down this path (although they don’t seem to have Audrey’s freakishly high pain tolerance, so hopefully we’d know). Fingers crossed the next 3 months go smoothly and we make it to surgery time okay!
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Postby durbaa » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:16 pm

k.linn wrote:We are just waiting on our discharge paperwork now! Hooray! I’ll now be paranoid every time my other kids have a GI bug that we’re headed down this path (although they don’t seem to have Audrey’s freakishly high pain tolerance, so hopefully we’d know). Fingers crossed the next 3 months go smoothly and we make it to surgery time okay!

Oh man, she has to wait 3 months for surgery?? I hope your weekend is uneventful and you guys get some much needed rest!
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby AshleyH » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Today: work, then mope about how life is so unfair :cry: (basically all the midwives at my practice are leaving, five days after my due date, so I have no clue who is delivering my baby and I’m really not okay with that). Hopefully wrap some gifts when I get home. Or mope some more.

Saturday: all day birthing class. Ugh.

Sunday: more moping, probably. Wrap more stuff. Laundry and maybe start packing?
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Postby Leann » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 am

Friday: It was the kids' last day of school for this term. How am I going to entertain them for the next 3 weeks? I started at home and did some boring things around the house, then when school let out we took Lily to pick up her new glasses. Then went home and had Indian food delivered. What an exciting Friday.

Saturday: Lily has a birthday party to go to. Also I need to buy wrapping paper and start wrapping the party favors (books) for Miles and Lily's joint birthday party next weekend. Matt hurt his back, so I don't know what he'll be up for. If we can, I'd like to take the kids individually to a nearby thrift shop so they can choose Christmas gifts for the family.

Sunday: Putting up decorations, and letting Matt rest his back if it still hurts.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby durbaa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am

AshleyH wrote:Today: work, then mope about how life is so unfair :cry: (basically all the midwives at my practice are leaving, five days after my due date, so I have no clue who is delivering my baby and I’m really not okay with that). Hopefully wrap some gifts when I get home. Or mope some more.

I'm so sorry Ashley, that stinks! Maybe you'll go a little early and avoid this. Can you move with them if not?
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby k.linn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 am

durbaa wrote:
k.linn wrote:We are just waiting on our discharge paperwork now! Hooray! I’ll now be paranoid every time my other kids have a GI bug that we’re headed down this path (although they don’t seem to have Audrey’s freakishly high pain tolerance, so hopefully we’d know). Fingers crossed the next 3 months go smoothly and we make it to surgery time okay!

Oh man, she has to wait 3 months for surgery?? I hope your weekend is uneventful and you guys get some much needed rest!
Thanks! Yep. The infection was (is?) pretty gnarly and the concern is that if they operate while it's still raging that other organs will be impacted (and there's no way they could do the surgery laparoscopically right now, which is the ideal route. She had a drain inserted through her abdominal wall to drain out as much of the infected stuff as possible (they removed that before we came home on Friday). Her surgeon said he thinks it's best to let everything "cool down" and to treat her with antibiotics (IV and oral) to reduce the infection as much as possible before they go in there.
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Postby k.linn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 am

AshleyH wrote:Today: work, then mope about how life is so unfair :cry: (basically all the midwives at my practice are leaving, five days after my due date, so I have no clue who is delivering my baby and I’m really not okay with that). Hopefully wrap some gifts when I get home. Or mope some more.

Sunday: more moping, probably. Wrap more stuff. Laundry and maybe start packing?
Ugh. That stinks. I'm sorry. When I was pregnant with H. my OB quit practicing weeks before delivery, and the other OB in the practice was on maternity leave. When I finally found one I liked, he went on an African safari the week before my induction date (fortunately she didn't come early). I was a mess that whole time, though.
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Postby jennelled » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 am

k.linn wrote:

Ugh. That stinks. I'm sorry. When I was pregnant with H. my OB quit practicing weeks before delivery, and the other OB in the practice was on maternity leave. When I finally found one I liked, he went on an African safari the week before my induction date (fortunately she didn't come early). I was a mess that whole time, though.

I read this as you went on an African safari. I was like, Kim, I think all that time in the hospital has made you delirious. There is no way you went on a safari the week before your induction... :laughing:
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby k.linn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:46 pm

jennelled wrote:
k.linn wrote:

I read this as you went on an African safari. I was like, Kim, I think all that time in the hospital has made you delirious. There is no way you went on a safari the week before your induction... :laughing:
lol! No safaris for me (probably ever). And I’m on the verge of delirium from lack of sleep. I thought being at home would be easier, but doing her meds requires getting out of the fridge an hour before, then letting them run for 45 minutes, so it’s nearly a 2 hour process (at midnight and again at 6am when I’d usually be sleeping). I don’t think I’ve ever been so sleep deprived.
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Postby AshleyH » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 am

durbaa wrote:

I'm so sorry Ashley, that stinks! Maybe you'll go a little early and avoid this. Can you move with them if not?

This has been quite the dramatic weekend in suburban KC prenatal care. I’m in a local Mom group, and apparently all the midwives are just not practicing any more - or saying they aren’t, anyway. I’m guessing thrre’s Some non-compete/contractual issues in play here.

Anyway, I decided I’m going to switch practices. I just can’t handle there being such a big unknown with my birth. There’s another large practice in the area with a similar care plan, and a lot of the other pregnant patients and I are all switching. I’d like to think I’d just give birth early, but I already think my due date is a little too early based on when I know ovulation happened, and I’ve got a family history of late babies - I’ve always said this will be a March baby despite my February due date.

So, I’ve got my 34 week appointment at a new office, and I’m going to be able to meet all of their CNMs. They still deliver at my hospital- the office is further away which is annoying, but it’s actually closer to work so that’s nice. I’m just hoping I am making the right decision.
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Postby durbaa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 pm

AshleyH wrote:
durbaa wrote:

This has been quite the dramatic weekend in suburban KC prenatal care. I’m in a local Mom group, and apparently all the midwives are just not practicing any more - or saying they aren’t, anyway. I’m guessing thrre’s Some non-compete/contractual issues in play here.

Anyway, I decided I’m going to switch practices. I just can’t handle there being such a big unknown with my birth. There’s another large practice in the area with a similar care plan, and a lot of the other pregnant patients and I are all switching. I’d like to think I’d just give birth early, but I already think my due date is a little too early based on when I know ovulation happened, and I’ve got a family history of late babies - I’ve always said this will be a March baby despite my February due date.

So, I’ve got my 34 week appointment at a new office, and I’m going to be able to meet all of their CNMs. They still deliver at my hospital- the office is further away which is annoying, but it’s actually closer to work so that’s nice. I’m just hoping I am making the right decision.

If it gives you some peace to go with a different practice, then I'd say you're making the right decision. That's really interesting and odd though. I have a good friend who delivered a baby back in May of 2016 in KC and loved her practice. I know she went to a birthing center at a hospital (real descriptive, I know lol), I wonder if her group is still practicing....? I can't remember if she went to a midwife or not, I was thinking she did though. Best of luck! I'm sure everything will work out just fine!
~*Ashley*~

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Postby k.linn » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 pm

AshleyH wrote:
durbaa wrote:

I think you just make the best decision you can with the information you have, and it sounds like this will give you more peace of mind. I feel like pregnancy is so hard when one is a planner by nature (this coming from a control freak) because there are so many variables you cannot control. It always makes me feel better to know that I've planned everything within the best of my abilities and I just try to remember to hope for the best.
Image Image Image
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On