Resolutions/Goals?

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Resolutions/Goals?

Postby LizAnn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:03 am

Does anyone want to share their resolutions or goals for the year?
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Re: Resolutions/Goals?

Postby jennelled » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

No resolutions for me, but I have a word - Peace. I need to make peace with the balance of a working mom, with my weight, with the fact that kids don't do what I want them to exactly when I want them to... I'm going to try and meditate a few times a week, and just really remind myself - peace. :)
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby maygirl » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:59 pm

#1- sell this house and move to a bigger one

#2- So I have realized I am really bad about setting up play dates for my kids. So my goal is to host/plan 1 play date per month for each kid.

#3- general get healthy, exercise, blah, blah, blah.....
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby *K » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

I would like to keep running and being active. I am hoping this will include several races and maybe a full marathon in October. I would love it if I could convince my brother and SIL to run the Go St Louis marathon relay with me but I'm not sure it's on their list of goals for the year. :)

I really think everyone in my house needs to chill the f*** out... except Harper. She is calm and and I really wish we all had that characteristic.
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby Leann » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 am

I don't really do resolutions at all, but this year I'm trying to do a different 30 day challenge each month. I don't know all of them yet, but the first one is only having alcohol on weekends. I feel like that makes me sound like a big drinker, which I'm not, but I do have a glass of wine in the evenings usually a couple of times per week. If nothing else, I'll skip the empty calories. :)
Some other ideas I have (which are subject to change) are: get outside every Saturday and Sunday (like to the park); 10 minutes of cuddle time with DH (without doing anything else like watch TV); some kind of fitness challenge. I should do one month on limiting my personal spending, but I'm not ready to think about that one yet.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby k.linn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:27 am

I’m trying to focus on myself, which is really hard for me to do. I need to give myself time to go to the gym, lunch with friends, etc. We’re all much happier when that happens. I’m also trying to save as much as possible in the hopes of extending my maternity leave. I’m used to being home with my babies for 6-8 months, but having this one during summer is really not ideal for that timing and I’m super bummed at the idea of going back at 16 weeks (which I’m grateful for, but stil. . . ).
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On